We will always do our best to get you to your destination on time. However, the nature of flying is inherently unpredictable. Sometimes we will need to delay or cancel flights due to natural disasters, bad weather, technical and other issues. At all times, your safety is our number one priority. For these reasons, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee flight times and schedules, and they do not form part of your contract with us. If you are travelling for a particular purpose, you should carefully consider your travel plans and ensure you allow plenty of extra time when booking in case of disruptions. We strongly recommend travel insurance.
As Tigerair Australiais a low-cost carrier with restricted operational flexibility, our ability to re-accommodate you in the event of a delay or cancellation may be more constrained, but we will always do our best to get you away as quickly as possible having regard to the circumstances of the disruption.
If you've got 10 or more people to book for, let a Tigerair Travel Advisor sort it for you. Here's just some of the good stuff our group booking service offers:
- One flight price for all passengers (no hassles with potential price differences on different seats)
- Low 25% deposit
- Name confirmation 14 days prior to departure
Make a group booking with a Tigerair Travel Advisor
For more information, or to make a group booking email a Tigerair Travel Advisor at email@example.com
Group travel is subject to the Tigerair conditions of carriage.
A "Group" is defined as 10 or more passengers who are travelling together on the same flight with the same flight confirmation.
A "Conference Group" is defined as 10 or more passengers travelling together from the same departure port or 20 Passengers departing from different ports to the same destination for the same Purpose. The purpose will be to attend a meeting, incentive, conference or other event for business purposes. This excludes events where the Passenger is responsible for their own travel costs.
Group quotes, reservations, booking and enquiries are to be sent through to the Tigerair Australia Group Desk at – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tigerair Australia groups department is open Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) from 0900 to 1700 AEST.
These Group Travel terms and conditions set out information about the fare inclusions applicable to a Group booking. You also have additional rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
Tigerair domestic fares are quoted in Australian dollars on a one-way basis, including GST and other charges unless specified.
Children are charged the same fares as adults, Infant charges (those below 2 years of age on date of travel) are charged at AUD30.00 per infant per flight.
Bookings are not refundable except where you are entitled to refund under the Australian Consumer Law.
All fares quoted for Group travel exclude checked baggage however checked baggage may be added for an additional fee.
It is recommended to advise your Tigerair Travel Advisor of your baggage requirements when making a group booking request.
Checked baggage allowance applying to each group member is in accordance with Tigerair Terms & Conditions of carriage.
Luggage Upsize options are available for all group bookings.
Prior notification is required if a Group has a large amount of excess baggage, or bulky or oversized baggage. Failure to do so may result in the baggage not being uplifted on the same flight as the Group.
Checked baggage may be combined for passengers on the same booking reference.
Each Group member is entitled to 2 pieces of carry-on luggage, provided that each piece does not exceed the dimensions of 54 x 38 x 23cm and not exceed a combined weight of 7kg (or 12kg if cabin+ has been purchased) per passenger.
Any baggage over 7kg (or 12kg if cabin+ has been purchased) will have to be carried in the hold of the aircraft and forms part of the total checked baggage allowance and will be charged accordingly.
Baggage that has not been pre-purchased will be accepted for travel on a space available basis and is charged at the following rates:
- Less than 1 hour and 45 minutes flight time - $75 per flight for 15kg. Excess baggage charges of $20 per kg apply to each additional kilo in excess of this allowance.
- More than 1 hour and 45 minutes flight time - $90 per flight for 15kg. Excess baggage charges of $25 per kg apply to each additional kilo in excess of this allowance.
The weight of any piece of baggage must not exceed 30kgs.
Checked baggage fees may be subject to change and are not confirmed until deposit has been paid.
Please refer to Tigerair full terms and conditions for detailed information regarding prohibited items.
Tigerair does not interline baggage to other carriers.
Snacks and refreshments are available for purchase on board.
Pre-paid meals can be purchased, however there are limited number available for pre-payment.
Tigerair strongly recommends that all passengers have adequate personal travel insurance to cover all aspects of their journey with us. Travel Insurance can be added to a quote or booking at any time prior to the flight.
If groups wish to pre-assign seating, there are fees involved.
Tigerair strongly recommends that all passengers purchase adequate personal travel insurance to cover all aspects of your journey with us. Travel Insurance can be added to a quote or booking at any time prior to the flight.
Deposits for cancelled seats cannot be transferred to the final balance and are non-refundable except where you are entitled to refund under the Australian Consumer Law.
Where possible the Group Sales Department will provide a quote within 2 business days.
All quotes are subject to seat availability at time of booking. Prices are in Australian dollars and correct as of time of quoting and, between the time of quoting and time of booking, may fluctuate due to changes in charges and taxes.
Once the quote is accepted by reply email we will place your booking on hold for one of the below time periods to allow for deposit payment:
- Travel more than one month away – 5 business days
- Travel less than one month away – 3 business days
- Travel less than one week – 1 business day (Full payment at time of booking)
Deposit deadline is 5pm AEST and is 25% of the quote. The deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable (except where you are entitled to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law).Final payment is due as follows:
- Travel more than one month away – 1 month prior to travel
- Travel less than one month away – 3 business days from confirmation
- Travel less than one week away – full payment at time of booking
If final payment is not received by the above applicable due date the booking will be cancelled and deposit forfeited except where you are entitled to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law.
Reservations and Bookings
Group reservations can only be made through the Tigerair Groups Department. 'Group Organiser' means the person representing the Group who makes the booking and pays on behalf of the Group.
The Group Organiser agrees to take responsibility for the following:
- Making all payments on behalf of the Group.
- Checking the Group Booking details for accuracy and notifying Tigerair Australia of any errors or omissions within 24 hours of receiving the booking confirmation from Tigerair Australia.
- Making changes and cancellations for the Group.
- Notifying Tigerair Australia of any Special Service Needs at the time of booking including Passengers less than 12 years of age.
- Providing each Passenger with and/or giving them notice of:
- The flight confirmation
- Conditions of Carriage
- Flight numbers, departure and arrival times
- Check-in and security procedures
- Baggage allowances.
On completion of a Group Booking (that is, when full payment has been received and Group members' names have been entered) a copy of the Group Booking will be emailed to the Group Organiser/Travel Agent.
Preferred method of payment is via one of the following methods:
- Direct deposit to the Tigerair bank account
- Pre-deposit into their Travel Agencies account (if they have one)
- Payments made with credit or debit cards are subject to a Card Payment Fee of between 0.86% and 1.33% per booking.
The full name list of the Group's members should be submitted to Tigerair no later than 14 days prior to departure. Passenger names can be amended with no charge up until 14 days prior to departure.
- Changes can be made to the booking up until 2 hours before departure for domestic flights. Change fees plus fare difference will apply.
- After confirmation, group members that elect to split away from the group will be charged the current internet fare and no longer receive group discounted fares when making changes.
- Changes can only be made by the group organiser.
- Name changes permitted up until 2 hours prior to travel for domestic flights.
- Free name changes when made more than 14 days prior to.
- Fees for any name changes made within 14 days of travel will incur a change fee plus any fare difference if applicable.
Tigerair will not provide a refund of deposits and/or full paid bookings in respect of cancellations unless you are entitled to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law.
The Tigerair printed flight confirmation can be retained as a tax invoice.
- Airport check-in for domestic services opens 2 hours prior and closes strictly 45 minutes prior to departure. We request all groups to arrive at least 90 minutes prior to the flight departure.
- Passengers who show up after check in counters are closed will not be allowed to board the flight under any circumstances.
- Passengers can check in individually or as a group.
- Infants are not entitled to a seat unless a full fare has been purchased.
- Tigerair does not accept unaccompanied children below 12 years of age.
- Web check in is available and opens 72 hours and closes 1 hour prior to travel for domestic flights.
- Kiosk check-in is currently available in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane only; it will be rolled out at other Airports in the near future.
Tigerair is a point to point low fare carrier, whose focus is to provide low cost air fares and on time services. For these reasons we do not facilitate the transfer of passengers or baggage to other carriers or services. Factors which may affect our scheduled services include delays and disruptions caused by inclement weather, air traffic delays, strikes, technical requirements, late aircraft, etc. All passengers planning to make onward connections are advised to allow sufficient time, and to consider the above factors when planning onward connections. Tigerair accepts no responsibility for any loss or expense caused by a misconnection, unless you are entitled to compensation under the Australian Consumer Law.
Tigerair Terms & Conditions Of Carriage
These conditions can be obtained from our website here.