We're on the hunt for the best local talent
We are looking for tracks from unsigned artists over 18 who want to have their music played onboard our aircraft for up to 3 months – reaching up to 1.8million people!
Simply submit your track to firstname.lastname@example.org and a tigerair representative will be in contact if your song has been chosen to feature on our in-flight playlist!
When submitting, please send:
- Your bio, image and social media handles
- An audio recording of your original song in uncompressed wav format (size limit 75MB)
- Lyrics to the song in word or pdf format
- Please note: songs must be original, not a cover and artists must own the copyright to the lyrics, music and sound recording
For general enquiries please contact email@example.com
For a full list of musicians played onboard!
Tigertunes Terms and Conditions
1. By submitting a song you are agreeing to these tigertunes Terms and Conditions.
2. To be eligible you must be an unsigned Australian resident musician over the age of 18 years (Artist). If you are a band, all of the band members must be Australian resident musicians over the age of 18 and the band must be unsigned, in which case all members of the band will jointly be an Artist. The directors, officers, management and employees of Tiger Airways Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 52 124 369 008) (Tigerair Australia) and its related bodies corporate are not eligible.
3. tigertunes is subject to change or cancellation at any time at the sole discretion of Tigerair Australia.
4. Tigerair Australia makes no representations or guarantees that an Artist's song will be selected or played onboard.
5. To have a song considered by Tigerair Australia, an Artist must:
a. email firstname.lastname@example.org for an entry form; and b. send the completed entry form to email@example.com with:
- the Artist's bio, image and social media usernames;
- an audio recording of the Artist's original song in uncompressed WAV format (size limit 75MB) (Song); and
- lyrics to the Song in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
6. The Song must be original. This means that: a. the Song must not be a cover; and b. the Artist must own the copyright in all lyrics, music and sound recording in the Song.
7. Songs must not contain content that is offensive or inappropriate. Tigerair Australia reserves the right to ask an Artist to submit a radio edit of a Song which does not contain content that Tigerair Australia considers, in its sole discretion, to be offensive or inappropriate.
8. Artists acknowledge and agree that they will not receive any royalties, licence fees, costs, expenses or other payments from Tigerair Australia in connection with their submission, or any use of any materials submitted (including any Song) by Tigerair Australia as contemplated by these tigertunes Terms and Conditions or any Artist Agreement between Tigerair Australia and the Artist.
9. If you submit a Song but no longer wish to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Successful Artists will be selected by a judging panel at Tigerair Australia's business address, Jetbase, Gate 26 South Centre road, Tullamarine, VIC 3043. All decisions of Tigerair Australia are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into. Successful Artists will be selected on skill and chance plays no part in determining the outcome. The criteria for judging will be based on, among other things, originality, creative merit and relevance.
11. Successful Artists will be required to sign an artist agreement on terms satisfactory to Tigerair Australia (Artist Agreement).
12. Subject to the Successful Artist signing the Artist Agreement, Tigerair Australia will play the Successful Artist's Song on selected Tigerair Australia (TT) flights during boarding and/or disembarkation for a period of 3 months minimum from the date that the Song is first played on a TT flight and may make the Song available on a tigertunes playlist on Tigerair Australia's inflight entertainment system.
13. Should an Artist's contact details change, it is the Artist's responsibility to notify Tigerair Australia. If the Artist is a band, Tigerair Australia will contact the person nominated in the entry form as the band's nominated contact. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Tigerair Australia.
14. As a condition of submitting a Song, the Artist warrants to Tigerair Australia that:
a. the materials the Artist submits (including the Song and any other material submitted in connection with the Song) does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party;
b. the Artist owns all copyright in the materials (including the Song and any other material submitted in connection with the Song) the Artist submits; and
c. the Artist has obtained permission from any third party appearing or participating in the materials (including the Song and any other material submitted in connection with the Song).
15. The Artist grants to the Tigerair Australia a non-exclusive, transferable, non-exclusive right to use all intellectual property rights in the material submitted by the Artist (including the Song and any other material submitted in connection with the Song) for the purpose of judging the Artist's submission.
16. Tigerair Australia reserves the right to request that a Successful Artist provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of Tigerair Australia.
17. Nothing in these tigertunes Terms and Conditions limit the rights and obligations set out in the Artist Agreement.
18. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Tigerair Australia, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with these tigertunes Terms and Conditions. This includes, but is not limited to:
- technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to tigertunes and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, tigertunes as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures;
- theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- lost or damaged submissions; and
- use of materials submitted by Artist in accordance with these tigertunes Terms and Conditions or Artist Agreement.
20. Each Artist also agrees that Tigerair Australia may use their personal information, for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Artist, including sending the Artist commercial electronic messages. Artists acknowledge and agree that the Tigerair Australia does not need to include an unsubscribe facility in any commercial electronic messages it sends.