As part of our sponsorship of the 2017 Airlie Beach Festival of Music, Tigerair Australia are currently featuring a number of the festival’s artists on our inflight music playlist.
In good news for aspiring artists, this opportunity is now open to all unsigned artists over the age of 18 who would like to get their original music heard and not just those playing in Airlie this year. The artists song must be original. This means that the song must not be a cover and artists must own all copyright in the lyrics, music and sound recording.
Successful artists will:
- Have their music played on-board selected Tigerair Australia flights for up to two months, exposing their tunes to up to 1.2 million people.
- Receive exposure on Tigerair Australia’s ‘Tigertunes’ website.
On top of this, one lucky ‘Tigertunes’ artist will be chosen to play at the 2018 Airlie Beach Festival of Music, with flights and accommodation provided by Tigerair Australia!
If you’d like to enter, simply click here to submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org and a Tigerair representative will be in contact if your song has been chosen to feature on our in-flight playlist!
When submitting, please send:
- Your bio, image and social media username.
- An audio recording of your original song in uncompressed WAV format (size limit 75MB).
- Lyrics to the song in Word or PDF format.
For general enquiries please contact email@example.com
tigertunes Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter tigertunes (Promotion), mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these tigertunes Terms and Conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these tigertunes Terms and Conditions by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to all unsigned Australian resident musicians over the age of 18 years (Entrants). Bands may enter the Promotion provided all of the band members are Australian resident musicians over the age of 18 and the band is unsigned, in which case all members of the band will jointly be an Entrant. The Promoter is Tiger Airways Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 52 124 369 008) of registered address 56 Edmondstone Road, Bowen Hills, Queensland 4006.
3. The directors, officers, management and employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
4. The Promotion commences at 09:00 am AEST on 19.01.2017 and ends at 23:59 on 1.7.2018 (Promotion Period). No entries will be accepted after the end of the Promotion Period.
5. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must:
i. the Entrant’s bio, image and social media usernames;
ii. an audio recording of the Entrant’s original song in uncompressed WAV format (size limit 75MB) (Song); and
iii. lyrics to the Song in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
6. The Song must be original. This means that:
a. the Song must not be a cover; and
b. the Entrant must own the copyright in all lyrics, music and sound recording in the Song.
7. Songs must not contain content that is offensive or inappropriate. The Promoter reserves the right to ask an Entrant to submit a radio edit of a Song which does not contain content that the Promoter considers, in its sole discretion, to be offensive or inappropriate.
8. There is no limit on the number of entries an Entrant may submit; however an Entrant must only submit each Song once.
9. Entrants acknowledge and agree that they will not receive any royalties, licence fees, costs, expenses or other payments from the Promoter in connection with their entry into the Promotion, any use of any materials submitted as part of an entry (including the Song) by the Promoter as contemplated by these tigertunes Terms and Conditions (including as part of the prize) and the Artist Agreement.
10. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter of the information and materials specified in paragraph 5(b) above and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
11. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the Promotion.
C. Selecting Successful Entrants
12. Successful Entrants will be judged from all entries received by a judging panel at the Promoter’s business address, Jetbase, Gate 26 South Centre road, Tullamarine, VIC 3043. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
13. Approximately 5 Successful Entrants will be selected each month during the Promotion Period (Successful Entrants). The Promoter reserves the right to select more or less Successful Entrants in a month depending on the number and quality of the entries received. Successful Entrants will be notified directly by email on or around the first of each month during the Promotion Period. Acceptance of the prize is conditional on the Successful Entrant signing and returning to the Promoter the Artist Agreement.
14. One Successful Entrant will be selected to receive the Major Prize on 1 July 2018. All Successful Entrants who submitted their Entries prior to 1 July 2018 will be eligible for the Major Prize. If the Successful Entrant selected to receive the Major Prize is not willing or able to perform at the Airlie Beach Music Festival the Successful Entrant forfeits the Major Prize and the Promoter will select another Successful Entrant to receive the Major Prize.
15. Entries not fully complying with these tigertunes Terms and Conditions may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a successful entry is deemed not to comply with these tigertunes Terms and Conditions, the entry will be discarded as if the discarded entry had not been received.
16. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the outcome. The criteria for judging will be based on, among other things, originality, creative merit and suitability for use as airline boarding music.
17. Each Successful Entrant (individual or band) will win a prize. Each prize consists of:
a. the Promoter will play the Successful Entrant’s Song on selected Tigerair Australia (TT) flights during boarding and/or disembarkation for a period of 2 months from the date that the Song is first played on a TT flight and may make the Song available on a tigertunes playlist on Tigerair Australia’s inflight entertainment system;
b. the Promoter will display the Successful Entrant’s bio and image on the tigertunes website; and
c. Tigerair Australia (TT) will provide a flight voucher up to the value of $50AUD to the Successful Entrant (one per winning entry).
18. The Promoter may provide the Successful Entrant with other promotional opportunities.
19. Major Prize: One Successful Entrant will also win the opportunity to perform on stage at the Airlie Beach Music Festival. Tigerair Australia (TT) will provide the Successful Entrant with 1 x return flight (or if the Successful Entrant is a band, 1 x return flight per band member) between a major Australian capital city and Whitsunday Coast Airport and 3 nights’ accommodation at a hotel of Promoter’s choice (in its sole discretion) during the Airlie Beach Music Festival. The Successful Entrant is responsible for all other costs, expenses and arrangements in connection with travelling to Airlie Beach and performing at Airlie Beach Music Festival, including all spending money and any hotel incidental charges incurred by the Successful Entrant. The Successful Entrant may be required to enter into an agreement with Airlie Beach Music Festival in relation to the Successful Entrant’s performance.
20. If the prize includes Tigerair Australia (TT) flights:
a. Flights are subject to Tigerair Australia’s conditions of carriage which are located on the Tigerair website at www.tigerair.com.au.
b. To redeem flight vouchers, the Successful Entrant must enter the voucher code at time of payment. Vouchers must be redeemed in a single purchase.
c. If for any reason, the Successful Entrant does not, once the flights have been booked, notify Tigerair Australia at least 24 hours prior to scheduled departure that they are unable to take the booked flight at the time stipulated, the flight component of their prize will be forfeited and cannot be redeemed for cash.
21. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the successful entry. If the Successful Entrant is a band, only one prize will be awarded to the band.
22. Average total prize value (excluding Major Prize) is $50 AUD (excluding GST). The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
23. Average total prize value of Major Prize is $1,500 AUD (excluding GST). The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
E. Contacting the Entrant
24. If the Entrant is a band, the Promoter will contact the person nominated in the entry form as the band’s nominated contact. Should an Entrant’s contact details change, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
25. By accepting the prize, the Successful Entrant agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Successful entrants will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
F. Intellectual Property
26. As a condition of entering this Promotion, the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
a. the entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party;
b. the Entrant owns all copyright in the entry; and
c. the Entrant has obtained permission from any third party appearing or participating in the entry.
27. The Entrant grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive, transferable, non-exclusive right to use all intellectual property rights in the Entrant’s entry (including the Song and any material submitted in connection with the Song) for the purpose of judging the entry.
28. The Promoter may want a Successful Entrant to participate in promotional activity during the Promotion Period or after the Promotion Period. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Successful Entrant, the Successful Entrant permits the Successful Entrant’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Successful Entrant’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Successful Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Successful Entrant provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Successful Entrant cannot provide suitable proof, the Successful Entrant will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
30. Nothing in these tigertunes Terms and Conditions limit the rights and obligations set out in the Artist Agreement.
31. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a Successful Entrant or an Entrant in regards to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
32. Entrants and the Successful Entrants will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
33. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
34. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
35. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
36. The Promoter, it’s agents and associated companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
37. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these tigertunes Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Successful Entrant if the Promoter becomes aware that the Successful Entrant and/or the Successful Entrant’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
38. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Tigertunes Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
39. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
40. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Successful Entrant’s trip).
41. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these tigertunes Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
42. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
43. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
45. By entering the Competition, each Entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use their personal information, for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Entrant, including sending the Entrant commercial electronic messages. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter does not need to include an unsubscribe facility in any commercial electronic messages it sends.