- web check-in
- manage bookings
- travel alerts 0
- flight status
- prepare to fly
- tigerair info
- sign up
Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter this Promotion, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to followers of Tigerair Australia’s Instagram account who mention @tigerairaustralia in their post and use the hashtag #tigertraveller between 12.01am AEST on 1 August 2017 and 11.59pm AEST on 30 September 2017. The Promoter is Tiger Airways Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 52 124 369 008) of Jetbase, Gate 26, South Centre Road, Tullamarine, VIC 3043.
3. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
4. The Promotion commences at 12:01am AEST on 1 August 2017 and ends at 11.59pm AEST on 30 September 2017. (Promotion Period).
5. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must: Follow the official Tigerair Australia Instagram account, post an Instagram photo mentioning @tigerairaustralia in thecaption and use the hashtag #tigertraveller during the Promotion Period.
6. Participants are permitted to enter the promotion as many times as they like during the duration of the Promotion Period.
7. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
8. If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email email@example.com and you will be removed from the Promotion.
9. Costs associated with entering the Promotion remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
C. Selecting Winners
10. One winner will be judged from all entries received by a judging panel at the Promoter’s business address, Jetbase, Gate 26, South Centre Road, Tullamarine, VIC 3043. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winner may be announced on Tigerair Australia’s official Facebook page, Instagram account and inflight magazine (Tiger Tales) after 11:59pm AEST on 30 September 2017. The Winner will be notified after 11.59pm AEST on 30 September directly by Tigerair Australia’s official Instagram account via Instagram direct message where further contact information and details will be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address. A winning entry may be published on the Promoter’s Facebook page or website, via the Promoter’s Twitter and Instagram accounts, or the Promoter’s official inflight magazine, Tiger Tales.
12. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
13. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the outcome. The criteria for judging will be based on, among other things, originality, creative merit and relevance.
14. There is one prize to be won. The prize consists of a $500 voucher for future travel on the Tigerair Australia network which is valid until 30 September 2018.
15. Average total prize value is $500 AUD (excluding GST). The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
16. This Tigerair Australia travel voucher is to the value of $500 and can be redeemed on Tigerair Australia (TT) flights only. Voucher must be redeemed by 30 September 2018 at 11:59pm (Australian Eastern Time). Vouchers are redeemable online at www.tigerair.com.au or at a certified travel consultant. Voucher can be used on any available scheduled flight displayed in the system and is subject to seat availability. Voucher is valid for redemption in one single transaction only. Vouchers can be used to purchase ancillary products during the initial booking process. All vouchers and unused credit are non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash and bookings are subject to prevailing terms and conditions available on www.tigerair.com.au. This Promotion may be changed, modified or cancelled without prior notice. The voucher cannot be used to purchase insurance, hotels, car hire or holiday package deals with Tigerair Travels.
17. The winning entry will be featured on official Tigerair Australia social media accounts and in Tigerair Australia’s inflight magazine ‘tigertales’. The Promoter may also feature other entries on official Tigerair Australia social media accounts and in Tigerair Australia’s inflight magazine ‘tigertales’ at its discretion. Entrants acknowledge and agree that entries submitted for this Promotion are subject to Section F of these Conditions.
a. It is a Winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
b. A Winner are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
19. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
20. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
E. Contacting the Entrant
21. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
22. By accepting the prize, Winners agree to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. Winners will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
F. Intellectual Property
23. If this Promotion requires an Entrant to create any written material, imagery or sound recordings, the provisions in this Section F apply.
24. As a condition of entering this Promotion, the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
a. The entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party; and
b. The Entrant has obtained permission from any third party appearing or participating in the entry.
25. As a condition of entering this Promotion, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Promotion (Works). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
26. The Promoter may want a Winner to participate in promotional activity after the Promotion has ended. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to a Winner, the Winner permits the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to request that a Winner provides proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
28. The Promoter will not be liable for any tax liability, including without limitation income tax, fringe benefits tax, or any liability or loss of opportunity due to reportable fringe benefits, incurred by a winner or an Entrant in regards to any connection with participating in the Promotion or the receipt or use of any prize.
29. Entrants, the winner and/or the [other party] will be required to pay any taxes and other airport related charges (including any applicable GST on those taxes and charges) which may be due on receipt or use of the prize.
30. Entrants should seek independent financial advice to ensure they understand possible tax implications in relation to any tax liability and/or reportable fringe benefits before acceptance or use of a prize.
31. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for and makes no representations about any tax liability as a result of participating in the Promotion or from receiving or using any of the prizes.
32. The other party must ensure that all promotional and marketing material prepared by the other party relating to the Promotion sufficiently notifies Entrants of the above conditions.
33. The Promoter, its agents and associated companies are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any variation in the prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
34. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion.
35. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
36. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
37. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Promotion and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees). The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Promotion or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a Winner’s trip).
38. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
39. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
40. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
43. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
44. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Instagram Rules, which can be found at http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Instagram will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury, which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the Promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.