Tigerair have got some great travel extras to help you organise your perfect holiday, such as check-in luggage, queue jump, tigerbites menu and seat selections.
All Light Fares and Express Fares include 7kg of carry-on baggage. If you think you'll need more but don't want to wait to check-in a bag, you can purchase Cabin+ to increase your carry-on allowance to 12kg.
Save more by purchasing your baggage requirements at time of booking rather than at the airport. Please note the weight of your baggage will be checked at the airport. Please keep within the allowances to avoid additional fees.
Cabin+ is available via Manage My Booking or by calling our customer contact centre . You need to add this at least four hours before your scheduled departure time.
Effective 15 December 2016, Tigerair will be implementing a tiered pricing structure for cabin+. Prices will vary depending on when you purchase cabin+ and will be as follows:
- cabin+ will be least expensive when purchased at the time of booking.
- cabin+ will be more expensive when purchased through Manage My Booking, our Customer Contact Centre or Web Check-in. cabin+ can be added up until 2 hours before departure for domestic flights.
- cabin+ will be most expensive when purchased at the Airport.
This tiered pricing structure applies to all flights from 15 December 2016, including flights booked before this date.
Effective 15 December 2016, Tigerair will be implementing a tiered pricing structure when purchasing baggage. As such, prices will increase dependent on when you choose to purchase baggage in the booking process. To avoid higher fees and save more, it is advised you purchase baggage at the time of booking rather than through Manage My Booking, our Customer Contact Centre, Web Check-in or at the Airport. This new tiered pricing structure is applicable for both new and existing bookings made before 15 December 2016.
Neither light fares nor express fares include checked baggage.
At the time of making your booking you will have the choice to add check-in baggage for each customer in the booking. Check-in baggage can be selected per customer per flight and different weight allowances are available. All pricing will be presented to you when making your selection.
Customers who do not select Check-in baggage during the booking process can add Check-in baggage to their booking prior to travel via Manage My Booking, via our Customer Contact Centre or during Web Check-in at a higher rate.
To avoid higher fees and save more, it is advised to purchase your baggage requirements at the time of booking. Please note the weight of your baggage will be checked at the airport. Please keep within the allowances to avoid additional fees.
Sports equipment can be carried as check-in baggage, subject to a sports equipment fee, which is levied in addition to standard checked baggage fees. Please see our baggage page for more information.
It is not a prerequisite to have purchased checked baggage to be able to purchase sports equipment; they can be purchased independently. However, restrictions apply as to what can/cannot be carried for both standard checked baggage and sports equipment. Please see our sports equipment section for more details.
Our Queue Jump option allows you to skip the line at the gate and be one of the first to board.
You can do this for a fee during the booking process, via Manage My Booking or by calling our customer contact centre.
The Tigerbites menu is currently getting a revamp, unfortunately pre-ordering meals is currently unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding.
We provide you the option of assigning your seat with Seat Selection. You can do this for a fee during the booking process, via Manage My Booking or by calling our customer contact centre . Alternatively, we will assign your seat shortly before you fly.
For a small fee passengers that arrive at the airport early can choose to move to an earlier flight, if there are available seats free of charge or passengers that miss check in but arrive no later than 15 minutes after the flights scheduled departure time can move free of charge to the next available flight. MoveMe is only available for purchase from selected destinations and departure ports and is only valid for the day of travel.
If you have purchased MoveMe, however do not use the product your scheduled flight booking is still valid. If you choose to move to an earlier or later flight, and then fail to travel on the new flight, your booking will then be forfeited and you will not be entitled to a refund of your flight booking or the MoveMe fee. If you fail to present to check in staff within 15 minutes after your scheduled flights departure time your ticket and Move Me will be forfeited. MoveMe can only be used to transfer once for the flight sector it was purchased for.
Please note: MoveMe is only available to be purchased or added to an existing booking 72 hours prior to the flight departure.
Moveme terms and conditions
- Price displayed for MoveMe product is per passenger, per flight and non refundable except as provided under Australian Consumer Law.
- MoveMe can only be used to transfer once for the flight sector it was purchased for.
- MoveMe is only available for purchase from selected destinations and departure ports.
- MoveMe is only available for purchase 72 hours prior to the flight departure.
- MoveMe does not guarantee you a transfer to your preferred flight. Transfers to your preferred flight will be subject to operational factors and seat availability. However, if you have pre-purchased seating, and the seat type is not available, Tigerair will refund the cost of the pre-purchased seating
- If you have purchased MoveMe on the first flight of the day you will not be able to move to an earlier service.
- If you have purchased MoveMe on the last flight of the day you will not be able to move to a later service.
- MoveMe only allows you to move to another flight on the day of your scheduled flights departure.
- MoveMe can only be used at the checkin counter at the airport of departure on the date of departure. Flight transfers cannot be made online or via the Call Centre. If you wish to change your flight in advance of arriving at the Airport the standard change fees apply.
- If you wish to move to a earlier flight check in must still be open for the earlier flight and sufficient seats must be available. Our flights close for check-in strictly 45 minutes prior to departure and can not be reopened.
- To use MoveMe on a later flight you must approach the check in counter no later than 15 minutes after your scheduled flight’s departure time and you will be moved to the next available flight free of charge.
- Check in must still be open for the later flight and sufficient seats must be available. Tigerair’s flights close for check-in strictly 45 minutes prior to departure and can not be reopened.
- If you fail to check in and be transferred to the next available flight within 15 mins after your scheduled flight has departed, you will forfeit your ticket. You will not be entitled to a refund of your fare or the MoveMe fee. You will be required to purchase a new ticket.
- If you have purchased MoveMe, however do not use the product you will not be entitled to a refund of the MoveMe fee.
- If you have pre-ordered a meal and use MoveMe to move to another flight, Tigerair Australia is unable to provide your pre-order meal and will refund the cost of the meal.
- If you choose to use MoveMe and move to another flight, and then fail to travel on the new flight, your ticket will be forfeited. You will not be entitled to a refund of your fare or the MoveMe fee. You will be required to purchase a new flight.
- If you wish to move to an earlier flight the flight must be closed for sale to the public (flights close for sale to the public 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight).
- All flights are subject to our full terms and conditions, please refer to the fare conditons and conditons of carriage.
Fare Freeze gives you the opportunity to hold your fare price for 48 hours when booked on the Tigerair Australia website for a small fee. This gives you time to confirm your travel plans with your family, friends or extra time to free up funds without worrying about the price increasing.
Fare Freeze gives you 48 hours to pay for your booking after the fee has been paid and the bookings is placed on hold. If you no longer want the flights the booking will auto cancel after 48 hours. Please note: The Fare Freeze fee is non refundable even in the event you do not proceed with your booking and is not deductable from the final cost of your booking.
The Fare Freeze symbol will display at the bottom of the page when fare freeze is available.
Fare freeze terms and conditions
- Fare Freeze is only available via the Tigerair Australia website.
- Flights that depart within 14 days or less cannot be placed on hold.
- Fare Freeze is only available for selected flights on the Tigerair Australia network (one way and return).
- The fee for Fare Freeze is not a deposit for the booking. The fee is strictly in addition to the value of the fare. The fee will be forfeited if the customer does not confirm the booking within the applicable hold period (unless we fail to hold your fare for the fare freeze period).
- The fee for Fare Freeze must be paid for using a valid MasterCard or Visa Credit Card, Mastercard or Visa Debit Card and POLi.
- Fare Freeze is not available on sale fares.
- The hold period for Fare Freeze is 48 hours.
- Fare Freeze fees are charged per person, per sector. All adults and children on a booking will be charged a hold fee when the booking is placed on hold. Infants will not be charged a hold fee.
- Tigerair Australia has the right to adjust the fee for Fare Freeze, at any time, without notice.
- All fees for Fare Freeze are inclusive of GST where applicable.
- Payment fee will be charged when placing a booking on hold for MasterCard or Visa Credit Card, Mastercard or Visa Debit Card.
- A Payment fee will apply when a customer returns to confirm the booking if payment is by MasterCard or Visa Credit Card, Mastercard or Visa Debit Card to complete their purchase.
- Customers using a promo code are not offered the option of placing their booking on hold.
- A held booking can be confirmed via Manage My Booking on the Tigerair Australia website or by contacting the Customer Contact Centre (Call Centre fees will apply if any changes are made to the booking).
- A held booking can be purchased and confirmed with the following forms of payment: MasterCard or Visa Credit Card, Mastercard or Visa Debit Card, POLi or Tigerair Australia voucher.
Make sure you have your theme park tickets to Australia's BIGGEST Theme Park on the Gold Coast before you fly and experience family fun, thrills rides, live shows and entertainment. You can purchase your one day, three day or seven day ticket before you fly below.
If thrill rides aren't your thing, you can buy your tickets to take in the breathtaking 3600 views from the Skypoint observation deck below.
Buy tickets online now, Tigerair Australia customers save 10% off the recommended retail price (RRP)!
More information can be found here.
• General conditions of entry, admission, refunds, changes of any sort and all other enquiries regarding Dreamworld tickets is subject to Dreamworld’s terms and conditions, and all enquiries must be made to Dreamworld directly. Dreamworld contact details are available here.
• Tigerair Australia provides ticketing services, including the sale and distribution of tickets, as an agent for Dreamworld. As such, all claims in connection with tickets or events are the sole responsibility of Dreamworld and, except to the extent required by law Tigerair Australia otherwise has no liability to you.
• Dreamworld’s Terms and Conditions are available on their website here.
More in this section
In order to keep our fares low, tigerair has a few rules around cabin baggage allowance & check-in luggage fees. Check what you can bring with you on the flight.
How to book
Making flight bookings with tigerair is a simple, seamless experience. If you are not sure on how to book, this page will explain all the online booking process.
Whether you’re an aisle person, a window person, or somewhere in between, find out more about our seating below.
Stay up to date with any changes happening around the tigerair network that may affect your travel.
Family and pregnancy travel
Heaps of families fly with us and tigerair wants to make travelling with kids as easy as possible for all involved. There are a few rules to keep in mind.