- web check-in
- manage bookings
- travel alerts 0
- contact tigerair
- prepare to fly
- tigerair info
- sign up
Tiger Airways (Australia Pty Limited) commenced operating domestic flights in Australia on 23 November 2007 from its home base in Melbourne, Victoria. The airline opened a second base in Sydney in July 2012 and a third base in Brisbane in March 2014.
In October 2012, Virgin Australia Holdings announced its intention to purchase 60% of Tiger Airways Australia from parent company Tiger Airways Holdings.
In July 2013, the airline re-branded to Tigerair Australia and the joint venture between Tiger Airways Holdings and the Virgin Australia Group was launched, with Virgin Australia acquiring 60% of Tigerair Australia. These two milestones signalled a new era for Tigerair in Australia. In February 2015, the Virgin Australia Group completed the acquisition of the remaining 40% and Tigerair Australia is now a fully owned subsidiary of Virgin Australia Holdings.
Tigerair Australia has achieved significantly enhanced on time performance, industry lowest cancellation rates (since January 2015) and customer satisfaction service levels that are stronger than ever over recent times. Tigerair has also introduced numerous product enhancements and innovations to make booking and flying Tigerair better than ever including a new-look website, mobile app and booking and check in system.
Tigerair Australia is a low cost carrier which operates 14 A320 aircraft domestically across 19 domestic routes (21 with the addition of new routes Brisbane – Whitsunday Coast and Brisbane to Perth launching in 2017) and to 12 destinations around Australia.
Tigerair Australia currently operates over 400 domestic flights per week, with around 72,000 seats per week available.
The airline has flown well over 21 million passengers in Australia since operations commenced in Australia in November 2007.
Tigerair Australia employs over 1,100 people in Australia including cabin crew and pilots and through our ground handling and maintenance partnerships.
Tigerair Australia has one main goal of being the budget airline of choice for all Australians and remains firmly committed to delivering the best in terms of safe, affordable, reliable air travel with friendly service.