- web check-in
- manage bookings
- travel alerts 0
- flight status
- prepare to fly
- tigerair info
- sign up
Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each Entrant.
2. Entry is open to Victorian residents over the age of 18 years. (“Entrants”). The Promoter is Tigerair Airways Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 52 124 369 006) of Tiger Airways Australia Pty Ltd, PO Box 2101, Gladstone Park, Melbourne, Victoria 3043.
3. The directors, officers, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not eligible to enter this Competition.
4. The Competition commences at 9am local Brisbane time on 18/2/17 and ends at 4pm local Brisbane time on 19/2/17 (“Competition Period”).
5. To enter the Competition, Entrants must:
Visit the competition booth at the Brisbane Travel Expo enter required fields including First Name, Last Name and contact details. Entrants must also state in 25 words or less, why they want to fly Tigerair. Entrants must also agree to the terms and conditions.
6. There is a limit of one entry per person for the duration of the Competition Period.
7. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Illegible, incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise including those entries not received by the Promoter.
8. Costs associated with entering the Competition remain an Entrant’s responsibility and may vary.
9. There are two prizes to be won and one winner may be announced on email after 4pm local Brisbane time on 18/2/17. The other winner will be announced on email at 4pm local Brisbane time on 19/2/17. Further contact information and details may be requested including, but not limited to, full name, phone, email, and address. The winning entry may be published on the Promoter’s Facebook page and via the Promoter’s Twitter account.
10. Entries not fully complying with these Conditions of Entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter’s discretion. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the entry will be discarded and the relevant prize will be re-awarded in accordance with the relevant clause of these Conditions of Entry as if the discarded entry had not been received.
11. Winners will be judged from all entries received by a judging panel at the Travel Expo as BCEC. All decisions of the Promoter are final and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into.
12. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the outcome. The criteria for judging will be based on, among other things, originality, creative merit and relevance.
13. There are 2 of the following prizes to be won:
- $500 Tigerair Travel voucher.
14. Average total prize value is $1000AUD (excluding GST). The prize is not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
15. Flights are subject to Tigerair Australia’s conditions of carriage which are located on the Tigerair Australia website and can be found at www.tigerair.com.au
17. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have requisite visas, vaccinations, valid documentation (including but not limited to valid passports and visas) which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
18. The winner is responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes, energy surcharges, gratuities, service charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
19. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination or as part of the prize.
20. The prize will be awarded to the Entrant named in the entry.
21. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
22. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial and other publishing requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and filmed. The winner will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
23. As a condition of entering this competition, the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that:
a. The entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or moral rights of any third party; and
b. The Entrant has obtained permission from any third party appearing or participating in the entry.
24. As a condition of entering this Competition, Entrants hereby assign to the Promoter, all right, title and interest in and to all intellectual property rights (including copyright but excluding moral rights) in any material created pursuant to the Entrant’s participation in any aspect of the Competition (“Works”). Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is free to use the Works and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the Entrant will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
25. Entrants agree they may not be attributed as the author of the Works and that the Promoter may undertake any act or omission in relation to the Works, which may otherwise constitute an infringement of their moral rights.
26. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in any media whatsoever throughout the world for an unlimited period and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to request that winners provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Competition.
29. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
30. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act 2001 (Cth) in Australia, or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
31. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies (and their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, for any direct, indirect or consequential injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way in connection with this Competition or any prize/s. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect or inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this Competition as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize (including but not limited to any component of a winner’s trip).
32. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition. Any Entrant disqualified under this clause is prohibited from any further participation in the Competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
33. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
34. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
35. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
37. By entering the Competition, each Entrant also agrees that the Promoter may use their personal information, for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Entrant, including sending the Entrant commercial electronic messages. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter does not need to include an unsubscribe facility in any commercial electronic messages it sends.
38. Entrant’s personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.